Everybody needs cheering up on a Monday, don’t they? B’s been feeling under the weather, so I decided to make yet more cakes in an attempt to perk him up.
I used up all the nuts in the cakes I made the other day, so I raided the cupboards and decided on a mixture of Cocoa Powder and Creamed Coconut (I but the Patak’s sachets of creamed coconut which is solid and then I chop it). Here’s what came out of the oven:
And here’s how I made it…
125g gluten free self raising flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
125g brown sugar
50g dairy free margarine (I used Vitalite)
25g Cocoa Powder (the Green & Black’s that was in my cupboard)
3 free range eggs (small to medium sized)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lactofree milk or milk substitute
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
50g creamed coconut (chopped)
Easy Peasy Method:
- Measure out your dry ingredients and mix them together in a bowl
- Add your wet ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps and you have a nice thick batter
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases, fairly full
- Bake for around 20 minutes at 190 degrees C
- Try not to burn your fingers when you try to eat them straight from the oven!
The chopped creamed coconut left lovely gooey chunks of coconutty goodness through the cakes – you can see it in the pic here:
This mixture made about 15 small cakes. 15 small cakes, for 2 people… all this baking can’t bee good for the waistline. It’s just me and B here, and we live about an hour away from family… so whatever I make in this kitchen, gets eaten in this kitchen. Oh well, that’s a dilemma for another day, these cakes brightened up my Monday and that’s all that counts!